Hello Im new here but big fan

Drop in here to introduce yourself.

Moderators: lutewhine, mallocup, Smudge

pollyblue

Hello Im new here but big fan

Postby pollyblue » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:27 pm

Hi everyone

Im new here but Ive loved the Lemonheads since about 1990. Saw them at Glastonbury in the early nineties and then again at reading when Evan wore a dress. I last saw them live about 1998 at the Forum in London and am going back there on Friday. Im taking my friend who is 8 years younger than me. To be honest Id sort of forgotten about Lemonheads until I visited New York in February and talked to people that had seen them. What have i missed out on??

Becky
tired of getting high....

murimax
Contributor 2007-09
Contributor 2007-09

Postby murimax » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:31 pm

:D Hey Becky, glad you've found us. Welcome to the board. :cool:

Enjoy the show friday ! :guitar:

mallocup
Site Admin

Postby mallocup » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:52 pm

Hi Becky, welcome to the site. Enjoy the show, there will be a fair few forum members there.
Sith happens

pollyblue

Postby pollyblue » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:56 am

Yay! Cant wait for Friday although im worried about what I might have missed for a while so are there any albums i should buy, i have a few..... its so long ago and im lazy so excuse me for getting things wrong, but I have one with Luca on it and then also Its A Shame About Ray, and then the one after with Belinda Carlilse doing the vocals, plus the one with Hospital on it.............god i really should listen again.
Truth is I never got past its a shame about ray, loved juliana hatfield and saw her live, she rocked. Also bought the Blake Babies cd.
My favourites though are Confetti, Ruderless, Being Around and The Outdoor Type. Lemondheads know how to do a three minute pop song. Simon Cowell and cronies take note...this is how you do it!!!!
tired of getting high....

sparkyhorse
Contributor 2007/08
Contributor 2007/08

Postby sparkyhorse » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:44 am

welcome becky

obviously there is the new record entitled The Lemonheads, which just came out and Evan released a live album with some covers called Live at The Brattle and a solo studio album called Baby I'm Bored, which is excellent. Check out the discography section of this site for all the details :D
I'm the Dude, so that's what you call me

sparkyhorse
Contributor 2007/08
Contributor 2007/08

Postby sparkyhorse » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:45 am

okay, i didn't have anything to add, i just posted twice by mistake... :roll:
I'm the Dude, so that's what you call me

Return to “Newbies”