Greetings From Maidstone

Drop in here to introduce yourself.

Moderators: lutewhine, mallocup, Smudge

nickthestone

Greetings From Maidstone

Postby nickthestone » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:58 pm

Hi, my name is Nick, I have posted on here last year but never really introduced myself...so here goes.

I have seen either The Lemonheads or Evan Dando around 30 times. I was at the solo gig at the Harlesden Mean Fiddler many yeas ago. I have been to all the Reading Festival shows (Well, from 92 to 2007) & saw Courtney Love kick Evan in the arse for playing a snippet of Miss World in 94. I went to the solo show with Ben Kweller & Ben Lee in support, I even went to the Fleadh Festival the day I got back from holiday in the States to see the gig in the tent there, (It was absolutley pissing hard). I wasnt gonna list all the times I have seen them/him, so i'd better stop.

I first heard the Lemonheads on the old Radio 1 Evening Session show hosted by Mark Goodier, he did play some bloody great records back then. I went to the Sheffield Sound City to the solo show Evan did there, (did it again) it was pretty amazing, & now I never miss a tour in the UK, I drag my wife to the shows (im sure she does enjoy it...well I hope!!).

pixies_dad
Contributor 2010
Contributor 2010

Re: Greetings From Maidstone

Postby pixies_dad » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:03 pm

Hi nick & welcome aboard. Glad you finally got round to introducing yourself. Hopefully there will be a UK tour for Evan some time in the not too distant future. :cheers:
..Aparently, you can tell a lot about someone's personality from what they're like.

Smudge
Contributor 2007
Contributor 2007

Postby Smudge » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi Nick welcome :)
"No Bad Dream Fuckers Gonna Boss Me Around" - Elliott Smith

jmhallam
Contributor 2009
Contributor 2009

Postby jmhallam » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:02 am